About Ice Hockey Australia
Ice Hockey Australia welcomes you to the website of Ice Hockey in Australia. Ice hockey is an exciting and energetic activity, whether aspiring to represent club, state or country or simply seeking to do your best and enjoy yourself.
You will find ice hockey has a lot to offer both males and females of all ages and ability.
Ice Hockey Australia (Australian Ice Hockey Federation Incorporated) has six state member ice hockey associations and is the recognised governing body for ice hockey in Australia. IHA is affiliated with the Australian Sports Commission (ASC), and Australian Olympic Committee (AOC), and is an active member of the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF).
Ice Hockey Australia:
- is the recognised governing body of ice hockey in Australia
- encourages competition in both a competitive and recreational level for those who enjoy ice hockey for the sportsmanship, skill and enjoyment it can provide
- operates under the democratic council system whereby all members have a voice in the operation of the federated body and setting international policy through their respective delegates
- is a member of the IIHF and has a voice in the operation of the international body and setting international policy through the IHA delegate.
- by representing amateur ice hockey throughout Australia, serves as a unifying voice in the dealing with governments and private agencies in promoting the cause of ice hockey
- provides for a National Insurance Scheme when members compete in IHA sanctioned events
- provides accredited training programs and member access to fully qualified accredited ice hockey coaches and on-ice officials
- provides for members to safely participate under fully qualified accredited on-ice officials
- provides eligibility for participation in State Championships
- provides eligibility for selection and participation at AIHF National Championships
- provides eligibility for selection and participation at IIHF World Championships